Click here for brief tutorial Video on Entering Contributions
Webinar from 2020 explaining Offertory, why to enter contributions from 11/10/2020 and Basic entry instructions
This help resource is also available in GabrielSoft Help Center GabrielSoft Helpdesk Resources
Entering Pledges and Contributions in Fund Maintenance
This article will give you an overview of adding pledges and contributions through the Fund Maintenance.
In this article:
- Entering Pledges
- Entering Contributions
- Entering Batch Contributions
- Also includes links cloning a batch
- Also includes links to entering comments & check numbers
- Entering Loose Cash Collections link to resource
- Select a Contribution Date. The contribution date does not need to be the same for all contributions entered into the fund.
- In the Family field enter the last name or budget number of a family record. Select the correct family from the drop-down that appears.
- In the Contributions Amount enter the dollar amount of the contribution. You do not need to enter $ or decimal points unless the contribution amount requires it. For example: you only need to enter 10 for $10.00, and you can enter 10.5 for $10.50.
- If the contribution is Non-Deductible then check the Non-Deductible box. Contributions with this box checked will not be included in Annual Year-End Statements.
- Enter the check number in the Reference field, or you can say it's a cash contribution
- Enter any comments that are meaningful to you and this entry if applicable.
Still need help? Contact Us
Click here for a short video demonstration by GabrielSoft
3 Batch Contribution Entry
Created by: Abrunelle
This article is also available via a 4 min video which provides more details on the process. Video: Batch Contribution Entry
Creating A New Batch
1. Scroll to Fundraising >Batch Contributions. From there you will be able to see the Unposted Batches and Posted Batches tabs. To start a new batch click the New Batch link.
2. On the Batch Information tab, you will need to fill in the following fields.
- When you click on the down arrow you can select a single fund or choose the (Multiple) fund option that will allow you to enter the batch for multiple funds.
- Enter a date for your batch. Churches may tie this date to the day of the Mass, date deposit was made or even the date you are entering the batch.
- In the Service field, you can tie your batch transactions to a specific Mass (Optional).
- The Description field is optional.
- You may select the Control Information based on your internal church procedures or your Diocese may have defined what controls they would like you to follow. You have 3 options. You can then enter None, Amounts Only (enter a total $ amount for the batch) or Standard (enter a total $ amount for the batch and the total number of transactions). in the control total amount of the batch. If you choose to set a control your actuals will have to equal to the values you defined when you created your batch. If they do not equal each other then you will not be able to Post your batch.
- Click Create located at the bottom of the screen.
To enter transactions, click on the Contributions tab. In the Family Name field, you can begin to a Budget/Envelope Number or the Last Name. As you type in letters/numbers a list of families will begin to appear. If it is the first family listed you only need to hit tab and it will select the first name in the list. Otherwise, select the correct family and tab to the Amount field. Enter the amount. If the contribution is Non-Deductible then check the Non-Deductible flag. Contributions with this flag checked will not be included in Annual Year-End Statements.
You will notice the Save button next to the amount field. It has a drop-down menu associated with it. If you click on it you can Show/Hide Comments or Post. Two optional fields called Reference and Comments will appear. These fields can be used for check numbers and notes related to the transaction. ( Contributions - Record Check Numbers and Comments)
When you are done entering transactions you are ready to Post. If your control totals match and you are ready to post you can select Post from the Save dropdown menu. The PostBatch screen will appear to confirm your intention to post. Hit the Post button to complete.
When you are in a batch (posted or unposted) a Download link will appear above. Clicking this Download button will allow you to download the transactions. This .csv report can be your Posting Reconciliation Report.
Note: If after Posting your batch you find that you made an error you can reopen the batch by going to Fundraising > Batch Contributions > Posted Batches tab > click on the batch number to open. When you are in the Batch Information tab click Unpost. Make any necessary corrections and Post.
Cloning A Batch
Sometimes a parish might have a group of donations that occur every week or monthly. For instructions on how to Clone a batch please click on this link. ( Contribution Batch Cloning )
All parishes are also required to enter Loose Cash from the weekend collection into Gabriel as a lump sum. Instructions on how to enter Loose Case is here (Loose Cash Collection Fund Entry)
Video from Armand's training in 2019 - How to enter Contributions click here